These are going to make you feel like a gourmet chef, but they’re so easy that anybody can make them.
They’re , salty, and packed with in every bite!
Whether you want to make your own frozen , you’ll be able to whip these delicious up in no time. from scratch or start with a batch of
Instead of messing with a deep fryer, the air fryer is going to help us achieve crispy French fries the easy way.
Should you use fresh potatoes or frozen to make ?
There are two routes you can go here: cutting your own from scratch or using a bag of .
Many French fry purists will say that you shouldn’t use frozen because cutting potatoes uniformly can be a real pain., but that’s blasphemy! I love using
I purchased a bag of “Handsome Cut Trader Joe’s, but any will work great for this . You can use steak-cut , shoestring , or any other type you prefer! ” from
If you prefer to hand-cut your own Spicy Nacho and it worked out great., you can certainly go that route as well. In fact, I did that with my
For this russet potatoes. The is definitely my preferred to use to achieve , but if you have another preference, you can change it up., you’ll use 2 medium
All you need to do is wash the potatoes then slice them up into .
If you’re using raw potatoes, you’ll need to let the sliced potatoes soak in cold water for about 20 minutes before cooking. Soaking the potatoes pulls out the starch and will go a long way to creating crispy potatoes. Once the potatoes are soaked, you’ll pat them dry with paper towels and be ready to go.
That’s just another reason I enjoy using a , and you’re ready to go!, though: all you have to do is empty the bag right into the or onto
vs : Which is better for ?
Assuming you’re not growing or buying your own black , you’ll need to purchase something with in it.
To make truffle fries, you can either toss your fries in natural truffle oil (you’ll find oil made from both white truffles and black truffles ) or top them with truffle salt.
If you toss the in white or black before air frying, they’ll have plenty of , so you’ll only need to top them with a little bit of and .
Personally, I don’t love the of on my . The is a bit too strong for me, and it comes with a hefty price tag that I just don’t love.
Instead of using for achieving the best flavor., I much prefer
This . has small pieces of real mixed right into it, and it ends up being the perfect amount of for these
Since you’ll be salting your after air frying them, you might as well use some with in it!
If you can’t get enough truffle in your life, you can always toss your in AND top with , but that’s a bit much for my tastebuds.
How to make
If you’re using in no time!, you’ll have a batch of
I used the to crisp these up as much as possible, but if you do not have an , you can utilize the oven instead.
For the , all you have to do is in the basket and air fry at 400 degrees F for 16 minutes. I open up the and shake the basket every 4 minutes to ensure they cook evenly.
Before you throw the fries into the air fryer, you can toss them in some truffle oil (olive oil or canola oil also works), but I don’t find it necessary for getting a good crisp.
If you prefer the oven, place your a at bake at 425 degrees F for 20-30 minutes. Whether you’re using frozen or fresh , they should crisp up in that 20-30 minute range, but the exact may vary. on
Either way, I recommend flipping your after 10 minutes to make sure they do not burn on the bottom.
Once the You can toss the crispy fries in a little bit of truffle finishing oil instead of using spray, but I wanted to keep the overall calories a little bit lower. are done and , I like to spray them with cooking spray to help the seasoning stick.
Then, add the and freshly . If you used truffle oil, you can use regular kosher salt instead of the truffle salt (unless you want more robust flavor, then use both!) to a and toss with your
Place the and additional , then enjoy! on a plate or serving dish, top with some
If you want to elevate the , feel free to a little over the top.
What should you serve alongside this parmesan truffle fries recipe?
The makes an amazing side dish, but what should you pair them with?
In my mind, nothing pairs better with than a sandwich, and I have quite a few delicious sandwich recipes here on my blog to check out!
Here are some amazing options to serve alongside your :
- Chicken Sandwich
- Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich
- Healthy BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Turkey Burgers
- Vegan “Meatless” Chicken Sandwiches
The Easiest Air Fryer Parmesan Truffle Fries
These parmesan truffle fries are packed with a ton of flavor without any deep frying necessary! They're crispy, salty, and jam-packed with flavor. And the good news is they're ready in only 15 minutes.
- 12oz (350g) Frozen French Fries (or 2 medium Russet Potatoes)
- 1 tsp Truffle Salt
- 10g (4 tsp) Grated or Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Parsley for garnishing
I much prefer making truffle fries from frozen pre-cut French fries, but you can make your own fries from scratch very easily! If you're making your own, wash your 2 russet potatoes and slice them into fries. Soak the cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes, then pat them dry with paper towels. Now you can follow the rest of the directions for fresh OR frozen French fries!
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F for about 5 minutes.
- Add your fries to the air fryer basket and air fry at 400 degrees F for 16 minutes, shaking the basket every 4 minutes or so to make sure everything crisps up evenly. Note: I do not toss my fries in oil before air frying, but you can toss them in a little bit of truffle oil for added flavor if you prefer.
- After 16 minutes, the French fries should be nice and crispy, but you can cook them longer if you prefer your fries very well done.
- Lightly spray your cooked fries with cooking spray (or toss in a small amount of oil), then add to a large bowl and toss with the truffle salt and parmesan cheese. I use cooking spray rather than oil to save some calories, but both will work great.
- Add your fries to a plate or serving tray and top with some fresh parsley. Serve alongside some honey mustard, garlic aioli, or dipping sauce of your choice!
- If you prefer to bake these truffle fries rather than use the air fryer, they can be baked at 425 degrees F for 20-30 minutes, but the exact cooking time will vary. Just be sure to flip the fries halfway through the process.
- If you want even more truffle flavor, you can toss the fries in truffle oil or drizzle some truffle oil over the top before serving.
- You can add garlic powder or minced garlic to these air fryer truffle fries for even more flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1/2 of Recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 11.5gCarbohydrates 40gProtein 6g