This list could easily be 100 items long, but I could only fit so many here- so here are some of my top tips.
1) The single most important rule: you need to be in a caloric deficit to lose weight. You can drink all the fit tea in the world and wear a waist slimmer 24/7, but they’re not going to do anything for you. Caloric. Deficit. Always.
2) No food is ever off limits. You can eat ice cream or cookies or cake AND lose weight. As long as you eat mostly healthy and your calories are in check, no single food is ever going to derail you. You don’t need to deprive yourself or be miserable.
3) The answer to the question “how much fat should I eat” is impossible for someone to answer for you. There are guidelines we can use, but these exact numbers vary. Find what works best for you.
4) Every day is not going to be perfect. And that’s okay- they don’t need to be. You can always get back on track.
5) There are no secret tricks to meal timing. Intermittent fasting works for people because it helps them keep their calories low. At the end of the day, the timing of when you eat does not matter.
6) Don’t chase quick results. Trying to crash diet and dropping your calories down an insane amount is not only going to make you feel terrible, but it’s going to make your weight loss journey even more difficult. Take it slow, I promise it will be worth it.
7) You don’t need to do any extra cardio to lose weight. Cardio can help you achieve a deficit, but as long as your calories are in check, you don’t need to spend hours on the treadmill if you hate it.
Want more content like this?
Grab yourself a copy of my brand new e-book: The (Unofficial) Official Nutrition Guide! This e-book contains 150+ pages of everything you could possibly want to know about the basics of nutrition. We’re going to cut through all the nonsense and get right to the things that you actually WANT to know.