The has been my secret weapon for a ton of recent recipes. The reason I love so much is two reasons:
1) The or Churro WafflesCrunchy Bagel Chips. produces really results, like
2) in the retains a ton of moisture in food, especially .
That’s why for this in the !, we’re whipping up a batch of delicious
These are incredibly juicy and require just minutes to prepare.
What are ?
are simply thin, flattened-out breasts. I grew up in New York, and I used to call any piece of a .
Now, living in the Midwest, I don’t hear the term used nearly as much, but that’s not stopping me from making them!
To make these , we’re going to take regular breasts, slice them up thin, and coat them in before to perfection.
How to make
I didn’t weigh the breasts, but I estimate that each was between 8-10oz in size.
Two large since we are going to be slicing each down the middle. breasts will yield 4
First, trim the fat off each , then slice each across the center. My cuts are never perfect, so don’t stress if the is uneven when you slice it.
Once sliced, lay a piece of over the and use a meat tenderizer to flatten each out into a . Flattening the will help each cook evenly in the .
Once flattened, it’s time to make the .
To keep this simple, I used Italian-style , which are pre-seasoned you can find at any grocery store. If you only have plain , you can easily season them up yourself! Here is a I found to make your own.
Add the to one bowl, and whisk up 2 eggs in a separate bowl. I added a small amount of hot sauce in with my eggs, but that part is totally optional.
Pat the dry with a paper towel, then add to your .
Dip the into the eggs, allowing any excess egg to run off before fully coating in the once more.
Lightly spray your preheated . Note that the amount of cutlets you can cook at one time will be dependent on the size of your , but I was able to fit 2 at a time. with nonstick , then add 2 of your
Spray the top of the with nonstick to moisten the breading, then at 380 degrees for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
The exact , but 10 minutes ended up being the perfect time for me! time will vary based on the size of your
Continue until all of the has been cooked, which was 2 batches for me, then serve and enjoy!
I served this over rice, but you can serve this alongside any other side dish you’d like!
Other ways to prepare
I love this are an incredibly versatile that can be paired with a wide variety of sides. , and the
But if you’re in the mood for something a little different, I have a few other recipes for you to dig your teeth into.
If you’re a fan of and waffles, I highly recommend giving my Maple Waffle Popcorn a shot. This is the perfect combination of sweet and savory that makes a great appetizer!
Or, you can go with my personal favorite: The Sandwich .
This and shredded combine to create the most unreal crunch to this . If you love , you need to try this . sandwich is not only one of my favorites, but is one of the readers’ favorites, too. The
And last but not least, I also have a Meatless Sandwich. That’s right: if you follow a plant-based or vegan diet, you can still enjoy a delicious fried “” sandwich!
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts (8-10oz in size)
- 1 Cup (112g) Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs
- Optional: Hot Sauce
- If needed, trim the fat off of your boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing them in half across the center, giving you 4 thinner chicken breasts.
- Cover with plastic wrap, then use a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken breasts into chicken cutlets. You want the chicken to be as uniform as possible so it cooks evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer at 380 degrees F for a few minutes while you coat the chicken. You can get away without preheating the air fryer, but it really helps to achieve a juicy result.
- Add your breadcrumbs to a wide bowl, and whisk up the 2 eggs in a separate wide bowl. I added some hot sauce in with my eggs for extra flavor, but that is optional.
- Pat the chicken cutlets with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture, then dip into the breadcrumbs to fully coat. Add to the eggs, allowing any excess egg to run off, then add back into the breadcrumbs.
- Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray and add your chicken cutlet. Continue for all 4 chicken cutlets. Note that I could only fit 2 chicken cutlets in my air fryer basket, so I made 2 batches, but I prepped all of the cutlets at once.
- Lightly spray the tops of the chicken cutlets with your cooking spray to wet the breadcrumbs, then air fry at 380 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken cutlets halfway through, spraying the tops once more with cooking spray before allowing them to finish cooking for the final 5 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and let the chicken cutlets cool for a few minutes, then serve and enjoy!
If you only have plain breadcrumbs, you can season it up to create your own Italian-style breadcrumbs. Add 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning to your breadcrumbs and you should be good!
Depending on how thick your chicken cutlets are, the cook time in the air fryer may vary slightly. For mine, 10 minutes was the perfect amount of time, but you can cut into one of your chicken cutlets to be sure it is fully cooked through.
If you wanted to save some calories, you can skip the initial breadcrumb dip and add your chicken cutlets directly into the eggs, then into the breadcrumbs. However, the difference will be very minimal, and skipping that step will make it harder for the breading to stay adhered to the chicken breast.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 Chicken Cutlet
Amount Per Serving Calories 255Total Fat 7gCarbohydrates 19gProtein 29g