I recently made Protein Caramel Sauce, and I needed to find some applications for it.
It’s delicious on its own, but it’s rare that you just eat caramel sauce with a spoon (no judgement if that’s something you enjoy though).
After drizzling the caramel sauce over brownies and ice cream, I knew I wanted to try something with coffee.
Enter: Protein Snickers Cold Brew.
This Protein Snickers Cold Brew has a base of chocolatey cold brew coffee, a layer of peanut butter cold foam, and is drizzled with our protein caramel sauce.
How to Make a Protein Snickers Cold Brew
Step 1: Start with your favorite cold brew. Any iced coffee will work fine, but I much prefer cold brew over iced coffee. Not sure what the difference is? Check out this post that breaks it down!
You can buy any cold brew you’d like, but I always prefer to make my own:
Step 2: Mix 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder into your coffee. If you want to elevate the chocolate flavor, you can add more than 1/2 scoop.
Note that I don’t love my coffee to be super sweet, so I don’t add any additional sweetener. If you prefer sweetened coffee, you can add some sugar or sugar substitute to your coffee and adjust based on your tastes.
Step 3: Make your peanut butter cold foam
I never knew much about cold foam, but when I looked into it, I was surprised at just how easy it is to make.
All you have to do is take your favorite milk and use a frother to froth it up until thick and foamy! In this case, we’re adding a little bit of peanut butter powder and sugar to sweeten it up.
If you don’t have a frother, you can use a food processor or blender to froth it up as well. All you have to do is whip air into the milk, so however you can do that is totally fine!
Step 4: Drizzle caramel on top
Once you whip up a batch of the protein caramel sauce, you’ll be good to go!
I drizzled it on top very carelessly because we needed that drippy aesthetic, so I recommend drizzling it a little more carefully to get most of it actually in your coffee.
But hey, you do you!
High-Protein Snickers Cold Brew
Chocolatey iced coffee topped with a peanut butter cold foam and drizzled with some homemade protein caramel sauce. If you like Snickers (who doesn't) and need a little caffeine boost, this is for you...
For Iced Coffee
- Roughly 8oz Coffee of Choice
- 15g (1/2 Scoop) Chocolate Protein Powder
Peanut Butter Cold Foam
- 1/4 Cup Milk of Choice (I use Silk Protein)
- 7g (1 Tbsp) Powdered Peanut Butter
- 5g Granular Sugar Substitute
- If you haven't already made your protein caramel sauce, whip up a batch to use for this recipe. Click here to head over to this recipe (don't worry, it only take one minute!)
- Mix 1/2 scoop chocolate protein with one cup of your favorite cold brew (or iced coffee). Make sure to leave room for your foam!
- In a separate mug, combine your milk, powdered peanut butter, and sugar subtitute. Give it a quick mix, then use a milk frother to froth the mixture until thick and foamy (about 1 minute). If you don’t have a frother, you can accomplish this with a hand mixer or blender.
- Pour your foam over your coffee.
- Drizzle with your caramel sauce and enjoy!
- I don't count sugar substitute in my carb totals because it does not provide any caloric value. If you're very strict with your carbs, be sure to count those!
- I like my coffee to not be overly sweet, but if you like sweeter coffee, you can add some additional sweetener to your base cold brew / iced coffee.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Entire Recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 135Total Fat 4.5gCarbohydrates 3.5gProtein 19g