The EASIEST bagel recipe you’ll ever make, and ready in less than 15 minutes. No long recipe required for this one, I’m just going to get right into it.
This is a variation of a recipe that has floated around the internet for years, so I cannot take credit.
The bagels are made from flour and greek yogurt…that’s it!
Here is all you need:
- 1.5 cups (180g) Self Rising Flour. You can also use the same amount of All Purpose Flour plus 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 170g (2/3 cup) Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Tsp Salt (use 1/2 teaspoon if using AP flour)
- Add your ingredients to a bowl and mix until you have a dough ball. Use your hands to knead the dough until all the flour is absorbed.
- Separate into 4 roughly equal sized pieces, then roll them out with your hands.
- Add to your air fryer basket (or baking sheet if using an oven), and lightly brush with egg to help topping stick and so they become golden on top.
- Add toppings of your choice, then air fry at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes depending on how well done you want them- 8 mins was perfect for me.
- Let them sit for 10-15 minutes to firm up inside and then slice into them and enjoy!
You can slice these and freeze them, and then throw them into a toaster when ready to enjoy. Breakfast meal prep made easy!
Side note: these worked with 1 cup of flour when I first tried, but were too small for my liking and the dough was much stickier. It works to save cals if needed though. And they DO NOT work with almond flour, I made that mistake so you don’t have to.