9 Slice Blueberry French Toast Tower!
For the entire plate: 580 calories, 17g fat, 66g carbs, 8g sugar, and 50g protein!
Protein french toast is one of the easiest things out there, so I wanted to share this quick and easy recipe for ya to enjoy this weekend. Maybe surprise Dad with this big ol’ stack for Father’s Day!
For this recipe, I used Pepperidge Farm “Very Thin Sliced Bread”, which truly is very thin. Surprisingly thin.
You can obviously use regular, thicker bread if you prefer, but going thin allows you to stack more slices, and I’m all about volume. Dave’s Killer Bread also has a great thin sliced bread you can use.
I won’t make ya work with this one- let’s keep it short and sweet.
- 30g / 1 Scoop Blueberry Flavored Protein Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4g Sugar Substitute (I used Swerve)
- 9 Slice of "Very Thin Sliced Bread" (6 slices if you use Dave’s Thin Bread)
- Heat a stovetop pan over med-high heat
- Whisk the eggs, protein, vanilla extract, and sugar together in a wide bowl (you want to be able to dip the bread easily)
- Submerge a slice of bread in your mixture, then add to your heated pan (spray with nonstick spray of choice to avoid sticking). Since they are thin, they’ll cook fast! One min on each side is all you need.
- Top with some sugar free maple syrup and fresh blueberries and enjoy!
The bread I used was sliced very thin. If you use a standard loaf of bread, you'll likely get about 4-5 slices out of this recipe.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Entire Stack
Amount Per Serving Calories 580Total Fat 17gUnsaturated Fat 0gCarbohydrates 66gSugar 8gProtein 50g