Protein + pretzels + pizza = 🤤
This ENTIRE pizza is 490 Calories, 11g Fat, 60g Carbs, and 38g Protein. Not too shabby for a whole pizza!
Yesterday I launched my high-protein waffle recipe book, “Pumping Waffle Iron.” The reception so far has been more than I could have hoped for- but one common question continues to arise: can you use this book for more than waffles?
YES. Here is your first bit of proof- the pretzel pizza! This thing is basically like eating a giant soft pretzel covered in cheese, and there is nothing wrong with that.
For anyone who has the book, here is all you need to do:
- Follow the recipe for the pretzel waffle batter exactly as is on page 86
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and spray a 10in skillet.
- Pour your batter into your skillet, and use a spoon to spread it out a bit (don’t worry, it will expand)
- Bake for 10 mins, remove from the oven, and top with a serving of queso cheese as your sauce (I use Kroger brand) and roughly 42g light mozzarella (1.5 servings). Sprinkle some pretzel salt on your crust, too.
- Add back to the oven for 5 mins, then remove and enjoy!
For anyone that has the book, I am going to compile a bunch more recipes like this one going forward, and you will receive them for FREE. If you don’t have the book yet- what’re you waiting for?! Head on over to pumpingwaffleiron.com and grab yourself a copy to guarantee you get the extra recipes for free!